Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I am trying to find information about William Watts of High Street in Shaftesbury, Dorset. He died in 1878. He owned a wine and spirits business called Butt of Sherry. He was married to Fanny, who was born in 1821. They had a son named William Edward, who was christened on March 23, 1857, and later married Mabel Wallis. His grandson was Arthur Wallis, born on September 6, 1894. I am trying to find out William's date of birth as well as who his parents and siblings were. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bathsomerset View Post
    I am trying to find information about William Watts of High Street in Shaftesbury, Dorset. He died in 1878. He owned a wine and spirits business called Butt of Sherry. He was married to Fanny, who was born in 1821. They had a son named William Edward, who was christened on March 23, 1857, and later married Mabel Wallis. His grandson was Arthur Wallis, born on September 6, 1894. I am trying to find out William's date of birth as well as who his parents and siblings were. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    William was born in Bath Somerset. There's a baptism but it doesn't give his birth date. He was baptised 30th Aug 1807 at Bath, St Michael, parents Edward and Elizabeth.

Possible siblings
    Elizabeth; Henry; John; Luke Rugg;
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    William was born in Bath Somerset. There's a baptism but it doesn't give his birth date. He was baptised 30th Aug 1807 at Bath, St Michael, parents Edward and Elizabeth.

Possible siblings
    Elizabeth; Henry; John; Luke Rugg;
    Thank you for that information. You mentioned Luke Rugg as a possible sibling of William. But Fanny's father is Luke Rugg. So confusing!

Thank you for that information. You mentioned Luke Rugg as a possible sibling of William. But Fanny's father is Luke Rugg. So confusing!
    Rugg is his middle name, Luke Rugg Watts, presumably he was given the name in honour of his grandfather
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Rugg is his middle name, Luke Rugg Watts, presumably he was given the name in honour of his grandfather
    So Luke Rugg Watts might possibly had been his grandfather's name. But it was definitely his wife's father's name too.

Hi.

I think the part I have a problem figuring out is uploading a photo to the free site to get a URL address. Do you use Postimage? Is it simple? Or is there a simpler one to use?
    I have spent quite a long time reviewing other sites and still can't find anything as simple as Postimage.
    I followed the instructions again and uploaded a photo to this thread and had no problems at all.
    You won't see the photo as I deleted it after confirming the method worked.

The only thing I think you may have missed is when in Go Advanced mode on Brit-Gen and have clicked on the picture frame in the row of images above the reply box. (6 from the RH side) you are given 2 choices Add an Image from Url or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    Click on the top one Add an image from URL and then paste the URL into the box and click on the OK yellow box bottom left.
    You will not see the image, only the URL, until you hit SAVE and the message is posted to the forum.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hey! I think my posting an image worked. If it did, can you take a look at who signed off at the end of the letter? What do you think the initials are? P.S. Don't look at the initials at the bottom left-hand corner. The writer would always put Ben's initials/name down there at the corner.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Unfortunately, it didn't work. All that's visible is a tiny blue square. Do you know anyone who might be able to help you with the instructions for getting a photo on here?

Try this link which was in the email notifying me of bathsomerset's post. Don't know why it is not showing up here. It is still not how Postimage is meant to work but I can't be fussed making the image smaller and then addig it on here.
    https://postimg.cc/BjQ40Svd

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234