Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    See the Fifeshire Advertiser, 6 Mar 1915
    I have searched FMP for Fifeshire Advertiser 6th March 1915 and no result.... unfortunately there is only 1 search found and that is for 13th March, and that does not have reference to King's Liverpool Regiment.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Starting to feel at home

Check the Fife Free Press & Kirkaldy Guardian, 6 Mar 1915.

Doesn't tell you WHY they were there but gives a clue as to WHERE they were.

I suspect they were training along with others.
    I have searched FMP for Fife Free Press & Kirkaldy Guardian, there are only 2 publications from them in March 1915 - and they are published on 27th March 1915... am I doing something wrong?

I can assure you that the 2 papers I directed you to dated 6 Mar (Fife Free Press and Fifeshire Advertiser) have information re. the regiment you are interested and readily found in both FMP and British Newspaper Archive (BNA). I normally use BNA but had checked the info was "gettable" on FMP before posting.

As for doing something wrong, I have no idea how you search. What search keys are you inputting? Remember - less is more.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Starting to feel at home

I can assure you that the 2 papers I directed you to dated 6 Mar (Fife Free Press and Fifeshire Advertiser) have information re. the regiment you are interested and readily found in both FMP and British Newspaper Archive (BNA). I normally use BNA but had checked the info was "gettable" on FMP before posting.

As for doing something wrong, I have no idea how you search. What search keys are you inputting? Remember - less is more.
    Success!! - I searched (this time) just inputting name of newspaper and date.... easy when you know what you are doing - or have a mentor (like you), to point me in the right direction. Thanks again, your help is much appreciated.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpineted View Post
    Success!! - I searched (this time) just inputting name of newspaper and date.... easy when you know what you are doing - or have a mentor (like you), to point me in the right direction. Thanks again, your help is much appreciated.
    I found it also helps if you put 'Liverpool' in the keyword box rather than the name box.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

As they say in football, nice to get a result.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Starting to feel at home

Thumbs up

Lol - Yes I agree, but being an Evertonian I am not used to it (getting a positive result I mean).
    Thanks again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234